GMGMF - Graphene Manufacturing Group Ltd
- Graphene Manufacturing Group - Green Tech That Every Investor Should Know About - May 9, 2022: The world has seen a major shift towards green energy production, use and storage as governments and industry attempt to reduce CO2 emissions as a matter of policy and business needs. One company that has been gaining traction in the green space is Graphene Manufacturing Group (TSXV: GMG, OTC: GMGMF)
Graphene Manufacturing Group Pty Ltd (OTC: GMGMF, TSXV: GMG) is a disruptive Australia-based clean-tech company that manufactures and distributes graphene globally. The company focuses on producing and selling energy-saving products and solutions and energy storage products. It achieves the objective through the in-house manufacture of graphene via a proprietary production process. The company operates through the energy-saving and energy-storage segments. The energy-saving segment focuses on Graphene-enhanced heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) coatings, fluids, and lubricants. On the other hand, the energy storage segment deals with the commercialization of GMG graphene aluminium-ion batteries. GMG's services cut across numerous markets, including facility management, food supply management, transport and earth-moving, shopping centres and food outlets, retail, automotive operations and maintenance, and institutions. The company was founded in 2016 and had its headquarters in Richlands, Queensland, Australia. GMG’s common stock publicly-trade on TSXV under the GMG symbol, on Tradegate in Germany under “0GF”, and on OTC markets under the GMGMF ticker symbol.
GMG Business Operations
GMG’S primary goal is to develop applications for energy-saving and energy-storage solutions. In 2017 and 2018, the company engineered and proved a unique proprietary production process that generates GMG Graphene from natural gas (methane), contrary to traditional production from mined Graphite. Its technology thus cracks methane to produce graphene and hydrogen. The process results in high quality, low input costs, scalable, ‘tuneable’, and low contaminant Graphene. The company uses graphene’s low input cost source to generate value-added products that clinch the massive energy efficiency and energy storage market demands. The ultimate product is employable in clean technology applications across various industries, leading to environmental improvements. GMG is exploring further opportunities for GMG Graphene, e.g., manufacturing next-generation batteries and jointly working with leading institutions in Australia to investigate ways to ameliorate the performance of lubricant oil and performance-enhanced HVAC-R coating systems.
Graphene Aluminium-Ion Battery
Laboratory tests and experiments have shown that the battery technology has higher energy and power densities than the popular Lithium-Ion Battery technology. The tests reveal that Graphene Aluminium-Ion Battery will have up to three times more life and charge upto 70times faster. The University of Queensland Research and UniQuest are underway with the scale-up research project on the product.
HVAC-R Energy Savings Coating System
It is a technique that improves the conductivity of corroded heat exchange surfaces. The process coats and cubs mangled heat exchange surfaces while repairing lost corroded thermal conductivity and boosting the heat transfer rate. The technology relies on the physics of GMG Graphene to improve efficiency and reduce power consumption. Graphene offers better thermal conductivity, 10-15times greater than copper and aluminium. It is also corrosion resistant, meaning it protects metal surfaces of systems from rusting.
It is a concentrate of GMG Graphene and lubricating oil (1%) made to save on energy and emissions and prevent wear. It forms a protective layer between metal interfaces, thereby reducing friction. In a post on Linkedin the company reported export shipments of the product to fill orders from customers in South-East Asia. It was noted that these orders followed positive trials. No indication of the revenue from these orders was provided in the post.
GMG relies on selling THERMAL-XR into HVAC and industrial heat management projects in the USA, Australia, and other international markets for near-time revenue generation. The firm is committed to the shift from R&D to commercializing its Graphene Aluminium-Ion Battery for the medium term.
The company announced on Dec. 12, 2022, that its board had approved the investment of an additional $AU 600,000 in capital expenditure to facilitate the development of Graphene Aluminium Ion (G+AI) Battery cell and propel semi-automatic pouch cell prototype production in its Battery Development Centre ("BDC") to be tested by customers. GMG is positive that its pouch cells could be employed in many applications, including IoT sensors, personal mobility devices, energy storage, electric vehicles, personal electronics, etcetera. Craig Nicol, the company’s GMG's Managing Director and CEO, added that GMG continues to forge collaborative partnerships with a significant number of potential battery customers to drive the commercial development program further next year.
The company's Quarter 1, 2023, began on Jul. 1 and ended on Sept. 30, 2022. Financial and corporate highlights of the firm's performance in the recent quarter include:
- a cash position of $8.4 million and no debt as of Sept. 30, 2022
- incurred a loss of $2,620K, with the net loss amounting to $3,559K after adjustments for warrants
- signed non-disclosure agreements with a significant number of international, high-profile potential customers for opportunities and priorities for the subsequent development and commercialization of its battery prototypes
- recorded positive progress and performance on the Graphene Aluminium-Ion Battery.
BOARD AND EXECUTIVE TEAM
Craig Nicol, Chief Executive Officer, Founder, and Managing Director,
- Has more than 20 years of delivering in large-scale innovation, including leading multi-billion-dollar gas and LNG value chains in Australia and the Asia Pacific
- Has also worked with sales and marketing teams across the Asia Pacific working for Shell International
- Holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Manufacturing Systems (Honours) and has a bachelor's degree in Business Marketing from the Queensland University of Technology
- A member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and the Chair of the Australian Graphene Industry Association (AGIA).
Frederick Kotzee, Chief Financial Officer and Director
- A chartered accountant with more than 20 years of experience leading financial operations and strategic planning for multinational companies
- Holds various senior positions in the Anglo American Group, where he serves as the General Manager of Corporate Finance, the CFO of Kumba Iron Ore Limited, and the Head of Business Development at Anglo Platinum
- Successfully secured financing and offtake agreements with large battery purchasing companies when working as CFO of Australian-listed Kidman Resources Limited
Other significant team members are GUY OUTEN, Board Chair and Non-Executive Director. DR ASHOK KUMAR NANJUNDAN, Chief Scientific Officer, and Sheena Ward, chief operating officer.
Graphene Manufacturing Group is dedicated to a positive Environmental, Social & Governance culture. The company’s board appointed a sustainability committee to review and oversee sustainability factors to protect and improve the environment and society. GMG is committed to contributing to the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which include:
- # 7 Ensure access to affordable, sustainable, reliable, and modern energy for all,
- # 9 Build resilient infrastructure, foster innovation, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and
- # 13 Urgently react to combat climate change and its impact.
The highlighted goals are in line with the company’s business plan goals. GMG is committed to advancing real-time transparent reports regarding carbon emissions from its operations verified by an independent party following the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (“NGER”) Framework and guidance notes on estimating emissions and energy from industrial processes.
- ↑ GRAPHENE MANUFACTURING GROUP Business Summary - Market Screener. Accessed on 12/14/2022.
- ↑ GMGMF Graphene Manufacturing Group Ltd Company Profile. Seeking Alpha.
- ↑ Corporate Overview – GMG website.
- ↑ ALUMINIUM-ION BATTERY- GMG website. Accessed on 12/14/2022.
- ↑ An HVAC-R ENERGY SAVINGS COATING SYSTEM – GMG website.
- ↑ WHAT IS ™ LUBRICANT? – GMG website.
- ↑ Linkedin. Graphene Manufacturing Group. January 2, 2023.
- ↑ GRAPHENE MANUFACTURING GROUP LTD Management's Discussion and Analysis for the year ended Jun. 30, 2022, page 5. Retrieved on 12/15/2022.
- ↑ GMG Invests $AU 600,000 to Accelerate Battery Pouch Cell Customer Testing & Development in 2023 – Yahoo Finance.
- ↑ MANAGEMENT’S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS FOR THE THREE MONTH PERIODS ENDED SEPT. 30, 2022, AND 2021, page 5. Retrieved on 12/15/2022.
- ↑ BOARD & EXECUTIVE TEAM – GMG website. Accessed on 12/15/2022.
- ↑ MANAGEMENT’S DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS FOR THE THREE MONTH PERIODS ENDED SEPT. 30, 2022, AND 2021, page 9. Retrieved on 12/15/2022.
More News: Company News | OTC Markets
- Graphene MFG Group Ltd - March 2, 2022: Company website
- Graphene Manufacturing Group expects significant ramp-up in sales as it lands key regulatory approval - February 13, 2023:
- GMG KE Report: New Data On THERMAL-XR® Division (December 21, 2022) - December 22, 2022: In depth discussion of the results from a recent study on the effectiveness of Thermal-XR and the implications for GMG.
- Graphene Manufacturing Group is under followed and has meaningful upside, says H.C. Wainwright & Co, which starts coverage - December 19, 2022: H.C. Wainwright & Co has started covering Graphene Manufacturing Group Ltd (TSX-V:GMG, OTC:GMGMF), which it describes as an "under followed stock" with "meaningful" upside.
- GMG - Answering Your Questions On Graphene Production And Battery Advancements - December 16, 2022: Kory Fleck interviews Craig Nicol and asks questions he has received from investors. This is a great interview with a lot of new details about the graphene production process, cost, and GMG's products.
- Slack Capital Stock Summary Report - Graphene Manufacturing Group - December 21, 2022: Graphene Manufacturing Group is a disruptive clean-technologies company that produces extremely high-quality Graphene through its patented Carbon manufacturing technology. The company is currently researching and developing a suite of products in which their Graphene can be applied including Graphene Aluminium-Ion Batteries, HVAC coatings and Lubricants.
- 15 Graphene Could Help Meet Net Zero Goals: Here's How - October 27, 2022:
- Healthcare Living Laboratories: Queensland Children’s Hospital – GMG Thermal-XR Coating System Technology Evaluation Report - May 27, 2022: If the technology is applied to Australia nationwide the estimated total bill savings would be around $389 million dollars a year considering electricity price is $0.25/kWh (Table 11). There would be over 1 million tonnes of CO2 emission reduction each year due to the energy savings.
- Electric Vehicle Batteries: Where to Invest if You're Charged Up for An Electric Future - November 18, 2022: Another option is a graphene battery, which can be so thin as to be essentially just two-dimensional. Graphene Manufacturing Group Ltd (GMGMF) is working on such a solution.
- Coin Cell Prototype Fast Charging Demonstration (October 2022) - October 16, 2022: Filmed in the GMG Batter Development Centre (BDC)
- Graphene Manufacturing Group sees improvement in battery, cell and graphene production - October 14, 2022: Graphene Manufacturing Group CEO Craig Nicol joined Steve Darling from Proactive to share news the company has sees some big improvements of the Graphene Aluminium-Ion Battery technology.
- The Brisbane made battery that could be powering Queensland in the years come - September 28, 2022:
- Graphene Manufacturing Group – Updates On The Battery Division Including Manufacturing The First Pouch Cell Batteries - August 14, 2022: Korelin Economics Report
- GAME CHANGING Graphene Aluminum Ion Battery w/ Craig Nicol - August 5, 2022: Youtube video from Cleanerwatt
- A Graphene Battery That Could Change Everything - Answers With Joe - June 27, 2022: Youtube video
- Tour of the new facility - June 29, 2022:
- Will Graphene Manufacturing Group become an industrial (battery) giant? - June 7, 2022: Substack Deep Tech Dives
- Mining Magazine: GMG secures Rio Tinto battery deal - May 19, 2022: GMG said the deal involves trialing energy-saving products in Rio Tinto's operations, such as GMG's Graphene Aluminium-Ion ("G+Al") batteries.
- Why I think GMG's next-gen aluminum ion battery will displace lithium batteries and beat Quantumscape to the battery EV market. - November 29, 2021: Reddit - BayStreetBets
- Reddit - March 1, 2022:
- Twitter - March 1, 2022:
- This Stock Is Like Buying Bitcoin In 2015 - February 8, 2022:
Why do I love this company so much? There are several reasons, but the two that come immediately to mind are, 1) The potential impact of their battery tech, and 2) The leadership. The world needs a better battery and this little company might just have a key part of the answer to the energy storage problem faced by EV makers and other industries. The leadership team is a bunch of energy industry vets with experience managing large organizations. They can handle the strategic planning that is required to bring these products to market, and the bumps in the road along the way.
I think the challenges with commercialization of Thermal XR are: 1) OEM's need to test the product and integrate it into their manufacturing processes, which takes time, and 2) Selling to HVAC maintenance companies on a large scale requires distribution agreements and marketing efforts (by the distributors and/or GMG). I would expect announcements about #2 first, but who knows how this will play out. I do believe one thing: It may not matter if the product actually works (which I'm sure it does). Large companies and governments want to say they are reducing their carbon footprint. Using Thermal XR allows them to say that. Do they really care if the reductions actually occur? Most leaders, I believe, do not. 5/18/22 - Just wanted to add some thoughts about the arrangement with Rio Tinto that was announced today. While I can't say what the ultimate impact will be to product development and revenues, I'm excited to see a big global company like Rio Tinto interested in working with GMG. I expect this will be the first of many such announcements.